- Class Days: Every Tuesday starting April 6, 2021 (for 6 weeks).
- Class Times: 11am PST OR 6pm PST — These are two separate classes. Students will either be attending 11am sessions or 6pm sessions.
- Class Length: One hour class instruction followed by Q&As.
- Class Location: Live online via Zoom — Open to students all over the world.
- Class Goal: For students to write and complete at least one short film script or pilot… and maybe even their feature.
- Class Cost: The Unstoppable Screenwriter course is FREE! Donations are encouraged and appreciated.
- Instructor: Trevor L. Smith, author, produced screenwriter, and award-winning filmmaker.
THE UNSTOPPABLE SCREENWRITER
The Unstoppable Screenwriter is a interactive and fun, 6 week live Zoom screenwriting course, which will teach you everything you need to know to write and complete a professional industry-standard screenplay. The course consists of six one-hour group sessions followed by a time of questions and answers. The 6 week Unstoppable Screenwriter class is FREE, so there’s no reason why you can’t take a live screenwriting course to learn the necessary fundamentals of storytelling and screenwriting, and be encouraged and inspired to write and complete your screenplay. Donations are encouraged and appreciated, but not required, and can be given via our PayPal link, Cashapp (itrevorlsmith), Venmo (@itrevorlsmith), or Zelle (916-640-4082).
To better accommodate our international students, The next Unstoppable Screenwriter class starting on April 6, 2021 will have two different class sessions: Tuesdays at 11am PST or Tuesdays at 6pm PST!
Students will learn the rules (laws of screenwriting)… So, they can decide which ones to bend and know which ones never to break.
“Taking the class Unstoppable Storytelling and Screenwriting with Trevor Smith gave me the confidence to start writing. Going into the class I had an idea of what I wanted my script to be about but I lacked the sense of direction and motivation to do it, mostly because I was worried it would be bad. While Trevor gave the class technical direction as far as the writing process, he also constantly gave us the push many writers, including myself, need. I learned that your voice makes the story stand out even if you feel your story has already been told – what hasn’t? Being a part of Trevor’s class you will find the perfect combination of learning the how-to’s of the craft and receiving the encouragement to employ it.”Evelyn L.
The Unstoppable Screenwriter course is taught in a way that focuses on simple and practical ways of learning the principles and art of screenwriting in an environment that encourages and inspires writers to pursue and reach their creative goals with excellence.
Get signed up today! Class space is limited.
Students will learn:
- The fundamentals of great storytelling.
- How to turn their ideas into stories.
- Story structure and development.
- Outlining and the 3-act structure.
- Character development.
- Character arcs.
- Dialogue and subtext.
- writing visually.
- Screenplay formatting.
- A layering approach to writing and rewrites.
- How to protect their work.
- Loglines and query letters.
- And more…
In addition to screenwriters, novelists, producers, directors, actors, and other artists can greatly benefit from this class as well… Producing your own content is a great way to help get your foot in the door!
NEEDED Item(s) for the class:
1. A desire to tell your story! That’s all you need to get started.
RECOMMENDED item for the class:
1. Something to take notes with and write on. There will be in-class exercises and homework given.
2. A marker (Sharpie type).
3. At least one pack of 3×5 Index Cards (preferably colored). If you don’t have colored index cards, use what you have; white index cards (any size), post-it notes, copy-paper, lined paper, whatever.
4. A computer with screenwriting software (Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Celtx, Word Template, etc.) is certainly a plus, but not required. You can learn how to create and tell your story, and then see where that takes you in terms of writing and formatting your story.
Being an instructor, trainer, and public speaker of over 20 years, Trevor understands that people learn differently. What works for some may not work for others. His goal is to help you to discover and utilize your creative process to tell your great stories and write your great screenplays.
“When I first started the “Unstoppable Screenwriter class, I knew nothing about script writing. I was winging everything and hoping for the best. Trevor taught us character development, structure and more in a easy and simple way, which was so incredible and easy to learn. During his class I was able to finish my first pilot for my series and I finished a proof of concept. Without this class I wouldn’t have been able to do so. Trevor is amazing and I most definitely recommend his class.”Rodney H.
“Trevor Smith’s Unstoppable Screenwriter class was an awesome crash course through the basics of storytelling, outlining and formatting your screenplay to be the best it can be. Trevor’s engaging demeanor and simple way of explaining the screenwriting process was engaging, fun and executed in such a way as to allow any and all to “get it”. If you’re like me and tend to overthink things then Trevor’s simplistic approach will definitely benefit you. Highly recommend this class to any and all who are just beginning their screenwriting journey or need a refresher course. Thanks Trevor for an awesome 8 weeks. Onward and Upwards!”Stephanie B.
“I have taken a few writing classes now, but by far Trevor L. Smith has been my favourite teacher. Trevor has a spark of magic to the way he teaches. It is clear that he has a deep passion for the craft and helping others. He teaches with such joy and passion that you can’t help but look forward to the next class. He delivers the information in a clear manner and is happy to answer any questions his students throw at him. He has renewed my love of writing.”Diana L.
SIMPLE STEPS TO REGISTER!
- To secure your spot, send us your email address and let us know your interested in the class and which sessions you would like to attend: (Session 1 Tuesdays 11am PST) OR (Session 2 Tuesdays 6pm PST)… And we’ll add you to the class roster and send you your Zoom link to register for your class times.
- You can contact us by using the contact form below or on the Legacy Street Facebook page and Legacy Street Instagram page!
If you would like to make a donation for the class and to the instructor, you can use any of the methods below. Donations are not required to register, but are encouraged and appreciated.
Our next Screenwriting classes starts on April 6, 2021!
Class space is Limited! Don’t wait to register!
If you have any questions or you would like to register for the Unstoppable Screenwriter Class starting on April 6, 20201, please reach out to us using the contact form below, or on the Legacy Street Facebook page and Legacy Street Instagram page. Looking forward to talking to you and seeing you in the next Unstoppable Screenwriter class.
Onward and upward,
Trevor L. Smith
We primarily use email and social media to communicate, so be sure to “LIKE” the Legacy Street Facebook page and Legacy Street Instagram page to stay tuned, so you don’t miss out on any postings or updates.